Monday, February 18, 2008

Mother Jensen is in the House

Welcome to the home of Mother Jensen.

Over the past few weeks, I have been working behind the scenes trying to build a broad coalition to Stop Labor Ready. Part of my role was to disseminate facts so that people would have the tools they needed to make up their own minds.

However, not everyone has played so nicely in the sandbox and I have created this blog because I think there is now a good reason to editorialize on what is happening. In fairness to the diverse group of neighbors and organizations which have worked to oppose Labor Ready, it didn't seem right to share my thoughts and claim that they were those of more than one person. (This ethical dilemma apparently doesn't bother other prominent individuals in Uptown---eh hem!)

So, I have created this blog for quick updates and editorial comments from me---Mother Jensen.

This pseudonym is an homage to another mother who fought for worker rights & social justice and is a shout-out to my Swedish ancestry. I'll readily admit that my little musings will not be in the same league as the work of the woman who inspired me. But, sometimes you just gotta dream big.

www.stoplaborready.org will be a space to find resources, links and information from a variety of sources.



No comments: